The warm weather is here and I love me a cool salad. This one gets its power from lots of veggies as well as edamame and nuts for protein. A well-rounded meal or delicious side dish for lunch or dinner, by itself or add a nice crusty bread. Feel free to include your favorite veggies or change up the beans and nuts. Make it your own!
- 3 cups kale, stems removed, chopped
- 1 cup organic edamame, frozen, thawed
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, cooled
- ½ avocado, chopped
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- ½ cup carrots, shredded
- 4 radishes, raw, sliced
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds, raw, unsalted
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to tast
- In large bowl, massage kale with just a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Massage for 1 – 2 minutes until bright green. This makes the kale more tender.
- Add all additional ingredients and mix well.
- Makes two main course salads or six side salads.