When you’re in the mood for something sweet, but not too sweet, that includes chocolate (which is all the time for me), these muffins might just do the trick. And, of course, they’re vegan!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- ½ salt
- ¼ baking soda
- 1 cup unsweetened plant milk
- 1 Tbsp flax meal
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 ½ Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup vegan mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12-hole muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, oats, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Make a well in center of mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine plant milk and flax meal. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla to milk mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Add wet mixture to well in dry mixture. Stir until well combined but don’t over-stir. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups. Bake at 350°F until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes. Serve warm (yum!), or cool on a wire rack.