- 1 lb. Red or Yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed and thinly sliced
- 7 oz. extra-firm tofu, drained and patted dry
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons aquafaba (liquid from canned chickpeas)
- 2 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour or whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon chickpea flour
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ⅛ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup small chopped broccoli
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup chopped jarred roasted red bell peppers
- ½ cup plant-based cheddar cheez
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place potato pieces in a steamer basket in a large saucepan. Add water to saucepan to just below basket. Bring to boiling. Steam, covered, about 10 – 15 minutes or until tender. Remove cover and from heat.
- Finely crumble tofu and place in a bowl. Add the next five ingredients (through turmeric); stir to combine.
- In a large nonstick ovenproof skillet heat oil and sauté onions until soft. Add garlic and cook for another 30 seconds. Add broccoli and mushrooms and cook until slightly soft. Add the roasted red bell peppers. Cook 2 minutes more to meld flavors.
- Add potatoes and tofu mixture; mix well.
- Top with cheez.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until quiche is golden. Enjoy!
Vary your veggies with whatever is in season or whatever is your favorite.