Vegan eggnog. Sounds like a contradiction in terms, doesn’t it? To say this drink is just like the thick, creamy concoction you find in the dairy case would be a falsehood, but the flavor pretty much nails it. And it’s super simple and much healthier for you than the real stuff.
- 2 cups dairy free milk. I use oat milk because, to me, it’s a creamier texture
- 1 14-oz can lite coconut milk. If you want it extra creamy use the full fat kind
- ¼ cup sweetner. I use a combo of maple syrup and coconut sugar because I like the complexity of flavors
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon (or more to taste)
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Add everything to a high speed blender and blend until smooth, about 1 – 2 minutes
- Can be served warmed, chilled or over ice. Try it in a nice chai tea, or your favorite coffee.
- Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Separation may occur and you may need to whir it in the blender again.