I always include these when I take people out on a Forest Bathing Experience and I’m often asked for the recipe. Until now, they were super secret, but I’m sharing them with you here today. These are super quick and easy to put together and a great snack anytime. Plus you don’t have to turn on the stove. I use peanut butter powder and add just a little coconut oil to keep the calories down, but you can use full fat peanut butter (crunchy would be good!) and leave out the coconut oil.
- ¾ cup peanut butter powder
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted and cooled slightly
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 ¼ cup old fashioned (not quick) oats
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life brand vegan chips)
- In a medium bowl, combine the first 4 ingredients (through maple syrup) until smooth and well blended.
- Stir in the oats and chocolate chips until evenly combined
- Let sit in refrigerator for about 15 minutes
- Roll into walnut size balls