It’s pear season! This quick and easy pear bread is a great reason to stock up on this fall fruit before it’s gone and the warm spices are all about fall. I’ve veganized this recipe for you, and kept the sugar to a minimum. Feel free to adjust it to your likes.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- Egg substitue equivalent to 2 eggs*
- 1/14 cup fresh pears, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup white flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, Lightly grease a loaf pan
- Combine oil, sugar and egg substitute in a mixing bowl. Beat well.
- Stir in pears, nuts and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine flours, baking power, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Stir dry ingredients into pear mixture. Don’t over mix.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before removing from pan and cooling on wire rack.
*You can substitute each egg with any of the following:
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds + 3 tbsp water. Let sit for 15 minutes before adding to other ingredients
- An egg substitute such as Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer
- 3 tbsp aquafaba (the liquid from a can of garbanzo beans)