The simple fajita sauce is what makes these tacos. If you pre-cook the veggies in the morning when the kitchen is cool, a quick heat up right before dinner will do the trick. And don’t forget the margaritas to add to the summer vibe!
- 4 portobello mushrooms stemmed & sliced
- 2 red bell peppers thinly sliced
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 corn tortillas
- Options for serving: Salsa, chopped cilantro, avocado
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook portobellos, bell peppers, red onions, garlic,
ginger, and cumin, stirring occasionally, until the water released from the mushrooms has been absorbed and the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, maple syrup, and lime juice.
- Pour sauce over vegetables and cook until absorbed, a few minutes.Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill warmed tortillas and top as desired.
- Serve with a side of black beans and rice.