This is a super quick and simple recipe that I included on a vegan charcuterie board recently (more on that soon), especially if you make it in an air fryer!
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups raw almonds
In a large bowl, stir together all of the ingredients, except the almonds, until you have a thick paste. Stir in the almonds, making sure to coat them really well (and really evenly!).
Air fryer directions
- Transfer the almonds to your air fryer basket. I have a mini air fryer that I set at 370(ish) degrees. I cooked them in two batches. I also set the timer for 8 minutes and shook it every 2 minutes to prevent sticking and so that they cooked evenly.
- Starting at minute 6, you’ll want to check in every minute, tasting an almond for doneness. Your almonds are ready when they have hardened a bit but are still a little chewy in the center. They will get crunchier once they’re cooled.
- Let them cool to room temperature – about 10-15 minutes – then transfer to your storage container of choice.
- Preheat the oven to 300° F.
- Spread the almonds into a single layer onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, so that they cook evenly.