Taco Tuesday has never been healthier … or tastier! A big dose of vegetable protein from lentils, quinoa and walnuts give these babies a meaty texture. Add whatever toppings you want, the more the better IMHO!
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ cup chopped onions
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup corn, fresh or frozen
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 12 corn tortillas
- Lime wedges
- Pickled Jalapeno
- Shredded cabbage
- Vegan Cheese
- Vegan Sour Cream
- Heat oil in large sauté pan over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring frequently until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for another 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add corn, cooked lentils, cooked quinoa and chopped walnuts and stir.
- Add chili powder, cumin and paprika and stir to coat.
- Add water and soy sauce. Cook, stirring frequently for about 2 minutes or until heated and not too soupy.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat tortillas, either over and open flame, in a dry skillet or in oil.
- Fill, top with your choice of toppings and serve. Olé!