Usually I would wait until zucchini season to post this recipe, but this week I received 2 Ginormous zucchini in my veggie box. In an effort to use it up, I made this quick bread, and it was just too good not to share right away.
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- ¾ cup raw sugar or coconut sugar
- Egg replacement to equal about 3 eggs (I used ½ cup + 1 tablespoon aquafaba*)
- ½ cup vegetable oil or melted coconut oil (cooled)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a loaf pan.
- Place grated zucchini in colander in the sink while you are preparing the rest.
- Combine flours, coconut, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a bowl.
- Beat sugar, egg replacement, oil, and vanilla in a separate bowl with a whisk or electric mixer until well mixed.
- Squeeze out as much liquid from the zucchini with your hands as possible. Add to the sugar mixture and mix well. Stir into flour mixture until well combined.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely.
*Aquafaba is the liquid from a can of garbanzo beans.