It may be nearing the end of summer, but it’s still too hot to turn on the oven in my house. I use my air fryer to make the protein for this refreshing, cooling salad – saves time and energy. And I use a ton of veggies to make myself a big a$$ salad that really fills me up!
2 Main Dish Salads
- ½ block extra firm tofu
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp dark sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 ½ tsp ginger paste
Salad – Mix and match however much you want
- Mixed greens – spring, romaine, spinach,
- Red and green bell peppers
- English Cucumbers
- Green Onions
- Carrots, shredded
- Purple and green cabbage, shredded
- Green peas, fresh or frozen & defrosted
- Drain and cut into 3 sections. Place on a plate lined with an 2 layers of paper towels. Top with two more paper towels and another plate, then a heavy object such as a cast iron skillet. Let sit about 15 minutes until the tofu is fairly dry. Cut into cubes.
- Toss the cubes with 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, let sit another 15 minutes to marinate.
- Sprinkle and toss with the nutritional yeast.
- If you have an air fryer, place in basket and spray with oil. Cook at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, stopping to shake every five minutes.
- If you don’t have an air fryer, place on baking sheet and spray with oil. Bake in 400 degree oven for about 30 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Set aside to cool.
- Add all dressing ingredient to a small jar with a lid and shake until well blended.
- Mix together whatever salad ingredients you want, then add the dressing and toss.
- Toss in prepared tofu.