This is a nice warm nourishing salad for a time of year when we don’t eat as many salads. It’s hearty and healthy and full of protein, thanks to the quinoa, lentils and pumpkin seeds. I like it becuase it’s a nice way to use the kale that always appears in my veggie box. It’s great all by itself, or with warm sourdough.
- 2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup cooked green lentils
- ¾ pound Yukon Gold potatoes rinsed and chopped into ½ inch pieces
- 1 pound fresh green beans rinsed and chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup stemmed and finely chopped kale (any variety)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 tbsp roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Spread potatoes, green beans and garlic on baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Roast for 30 – 35 minutes, tossing half way through.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing, by combining all dressing ingredients in a jar or bowl.
- Place the kale in a large bowl, sprinkle with a small amount of oil and salt, and massage for 3 minutes or so.
- When the veggies are finished roasting, remove the garlic. Push the garlic out of its skin, mash or finely chop and mix in to the dressing.
- Place the roasted veggies, quinoa, lentils and green onions in the bowl with the kale and pour the dressing over, tossing to coat.
- Top with roasted pumpkin seeds and avocado.
- Salt and pepper to taste and serve warm.